|Go to our Provider Portal or learn about what the portal does and how to access it.|
If you need to check enrollee eligibility, assistance with a referral, submit an authorization, report a hospitalization, check status of an authorization or a claim, or want the claims submission address, see the directory of departments.
If you are a contracted provider with PHC California, thank you for being part of a dynamic specialty health plan that cares for some of Los Angeles County’s most vulnerable population.
If you are considering joining PHC California, welcome. PHC California is an HIV/AIDS special needs Medi-Cal managed care plan serving HIV-positive Medi-Cal recipients who have a prior AIDS diagnosis and live in Los Angeles County.
PHC California offers unique provider and member benefits and services:
- HIV specialty network. PHC California identifies specialists in the community who have the most experience in treating patients with HIV.
- An experienced care management panel comprised of HIV-expert physicians, nurses and pharmacists who actively practice HIV medicine
- Patient care coordination through Registered Nurse Case Managers who are assigned to each member to assist in coordination of treatment plans, complex care delivery, referrals to community-based resources, disease management education, and medication adherence
- Access to ACCME-accredited continuing education at reduced or no cost to providers
- Open invitation for provider participation in the plan’s quality improvement committees, e.g., pharmacy and therapeutics, standards and protocols, utilization management and credentialing committees
- HIV-related therapies that do not require prior authorization
PHC California stresses prevention and education, promotes positive lifestyle changes, improves medical self-management, and increases patient and family satisfaction. The plan strives to improve the well being of patients by providing a medical home with providers who are experts in delivering care to people who are HIV-positive.
PHC California is an affiliate of AIDS Healthcare Foundation. The plan is backed by the world’s largest and most experienced HIV/AIDS health system operator.
PHC California is accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc. (AAAHC). AAAHC is private, non-profit organization that develops standards to advance and promote patient safety, quality care, and value for health care through peer-based accreditation processes, education, and research. (By clicking on the above link, you will be taken to a website operated by AAAHC and not PHP.)
For more information about joining the PHC California provider network, please contact Provider Relations.
DHCS 030716 PHC FR Form 1.0